Code of Judicial Administration – Comment Period Closes June 8, 2023
CJA04-0202.02. Records classification (AMEND). The proposed amendments update statutory references and include three substantive changes:
- Classifies records related to Court Commissioner Conduct Committee and Council actions under CJA Rule 3-201.02 as “private,” except for public censures by the Judicial Council.
- Safeguards contact information in domestic cases upon request, if the individual’s contact information has been safeguarded in a protective order or stalking injunction action under (8)(A) or in the cases listed under (8)(B).
- In response to S.B. 93, classifies:
- sex designation records for both minors and adults as “private;”
- name change records for both minors and adults as “public,” and
- records in cases involving both a name change and a sex designation change, for minors and adults, as “private” (with a few exceptions).