Posted: August 23, 2021
Rules of Professional Practice – Comment Period Closed October 7, 2021
CJA11-0401. Standing Committee on Appellate Representation and the Appellate Roster. Amend.
The following is a brief summary of the rule amendments (line numbers refer to the redline version and note where the subject amendments begin). Amendments to Rule 11-401:
· Address the creation of the Indigent Appellate Defense Division (line 12);
· Simplify committee composition (line 33);
· Clarify that at least one appellate brief submitted for application purposes must be in the relevant subject matter area (line 107);
· Add a CLE requirement (line 146);
· Add requirements for entity exempt status and clarify when an attorney falls under that exemption (line 161); and
· Increase term limits from three to five years (lines 135 and 145).