NOMINEES ANNOUNCED FOR SALT LAKE CITY JUSTICE COURT VACANCY
Salt Lake City, UT—The Salt Lake County Nominating Commission has selected five nominees for an upcoming vacancy in the Salt Lake City Justice Court. The position will replace Judge Catherine E. Roberts who retired effective Dec. 31, 2017.
Following are the nominees followed by place of employment and residence:
• Clemens Alexander Landau, J.D., Zimmerman Booher, resident of Salt Lake City
• Thaddeus James May, J.D., Salt Lake County District Attorney’s Office, resident of Millcreek
• Jesse Michael Nix, J.D., Salt Lake Legal Defender Association , resident of Salt Lake City
• Katherine Peters, J.D., Salt Lake County District Attorney’s Office, resident of Salt Lake City
• Melanie Marie Serassio, J.D., Salt Lake County District Attorney’s Office, resident of Sandy
A comment period will be held through Jan. 24, 2018, before a final candidate is selected by the Mayor of Salt Lake City, Jackie Biskupski, who has 30 days to make an appointment. The appointment is subject to ratification by the Salt Lake City Council. The Utah Judicial Council must then certify the appointment. To submit written comments about the candidates, contact Melisse Stiglich, Administrative Office of the Courts, at email@example.com.
# # #