Utah Courts

Pardon our dust!
While we move to a new website design, some pages, like this one, will look like the old website.

If you can't find what you're looking for, try our new website search.

We appreciate your patience while we move everything to the new design.


Finding Legal Help

You are not required to hire an attorney, but legal matters can be complicated. Consider talking to an attorney to go over your options. See the Finding Legal Help page for information about free and low cost ways to get legal help. 

Como encontrar ayuda legal

Usted no está obligado a contratar un abogado, pero los asuntos legales pueden ser complicados. Considere la posibilidad de hablar con un abogado para hablar de sus opciones. Para información sobre cómo obtener ayuda legal vea nuestra página Como encontrar ayuda legal.

SRPE Rule 11 (Rules of Small Claims Procedure)


Rule 11. Collection of judgments.
Rule printed on March 27, 2023 at 4:15 am. Go to https://www.utcourts.gov/rules for current rules.
Effective: 5/1/2004

(a) Judgments may be collected under the Utah Rules of Civil Procedure.

(b) Upon payment in full of the judgment, including post-judgment costs and interest, the judgment creditor shall file a satisfaction of judgment with the court. Upon receipt of a satisfaction of judgment from the judgment creditor, the clerk of the court shall enter the satisfaction upon the docket. The judgment debtor may file a satisfaction of judgment and proof of payment. If the judgment creditor fails to object within 10 business days after notice, the court may enter satisfaction of the judgment. If the judgment creditor objects to the proposed satisfaction, the court shall rule on the matter and may conduct a hearing.

(c) If the judgment creditor is unavailable to accept payment of the judgment, the judgment debtor may pay the amount of the judgment into court and serve the creditor with notice of payment in the manner directed by the court as most likely to give the creditor actual notice, which may include publication. After 30 calendar days after final notice, the debtor may file a satisfaction of judgment and the court may conduct a hearing. The court will hold the money in trust for the creditor for the period required by state law. If not claimed by the judgment creditor, the clerk of the court shall transfer the money to the Unclaimed Property Division of the Office of the State Treasurer.

The Utah State Courts mission is to provide the people an open, fair, efficient, and independent system for the advancement of justice under the law.

Page Last modified: 3/29/2022

Return to the top of the page Return to Top

Facebook YouTube Twitter RSS

Close ×