Finding Legal Help
You are not required to hire an attorney, but legal matters can be complicated. Consider talking to an attorney to go over your options. See the Finding Legal Help page for information about free and low cost ways to get legal help.
Como encontrar ayuda legal
Usted no está obligado a contratar un abogado, pero los asuntos legales pueden ser complicados. Considere la posibilidad de hablar con un abogado para hablar de sus opciones. Para información sobre cómo obtener ayuda legal vea nuestra página Como encontrar ayuda legal.
Utah State Courts Legal Resources
- Order for Temporary Amendments to Bar Admission Procedures During COVID-19 Outbreak (4/21/2020) - PDF
Links and resources designed with members of the legal community in mind.
- eFiling Information
- eRecords (Juvenile Court)
- Attorney Resources
- Appellate Court Opinions
- Opinion/Decision Release Schedule
- Live and On Demand Audio
- Audio Records and Transcripts
- Cap on Damages
Utah Code Section 78B-3-410 establishes a cap on non-economic losses in malpractice actions against health care providers.
- Civil Case Management Pilot Program
- Consumer Price Index
Section 75-1-110 requires the Administrative Office of the Courts to report changes in the Consumer Price Index (Annual Average) for All Urban Consumers (CPI-U), U.S. City Average, reported by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, United States Department of Labor.
- Court Filing, Transcript, & Record Fees
- FAQs About Disclosure and Discovery
- Guardianship Signature Program
- Income Guidelines for Appointment of Counsel in Criminal Cases
For the appointment of counsel in criminal cases, information has been generated from the HHS poverty guidelines.
- Interest Rates
Pursuant to §15-1-4, the post judgment interest rates for the current and previous years are as follows. This rate does not apply to judgments based on contracts or statutes specifying a different interest rate.
- Interpreter Information
Interpreter lists, training, information, and administration.
- Model Utah Jury Instructions
- Patient / Third party access to medical records
Medical Records Fees Adjusted for Consumer Price Index
- Request a Transcript
- Self-Help Resources
Information and court-approved forms and instruction available to lawyers and self-represented parties.
- Service Member Attorney Volunteers
Information and forms for lawyers who volunteer to provide limited legal help to service members who have defaulted by failing to answer a civil complaint or petition or small claims affidavit.
- Transcriber Management System
The Utah State Courts mission is to provide the people an open, fair, efficient, and independent system for the advancement of justice under the law.