Finding Legal Help
You are not required to hire an attorney, but legal matters can be complicated. Consider talking to an attorney to go over your options. See the Finding Legal Help page for information about free and low cost ways to get legal help.
Como encontrar ayuda legal
Usted no está obligado a contratar un abogado, pero los asuntos legales pueden ser complicados. Considere la posibilidad de hablar con un abogado para hablar de sus opciones. Para información sobre cómo obtener ayuda legal vea nuestra página Como encontrar ayuda legal.
Utah State Law Library
The State Law Library is open to the public. Our hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., except federal and state holidays.
- Patrons can use the library's computers to access XChange, OCAP and forms on the court's website, as well as our print collection (briefs, superseded Utah code, and other materials), and use the library's copier and scanner.
Patrons are welcome to:
- use the library's computers to access XChange, OCAP and forms on the court's website;
- access our print collection (briefs, superseded Utah code, and other materials);
- use the library's copier and scanner.
- Due to the Judicial Council's Administrative Order dated July 28, 2021, court patrons and personnel are required to wear masks in court buildings, including the Utah State Law Library.
- Patrons should practice physical distancing from staff and other patrons.
Library staff continue to provide help by phone and email.
- Phone: 801-238-7990
- Email: email@example.com
Patrons can access XChange at many district court locations. Call ahead to verify that a specific courthouse has XChange access.
Know what you're looking for?
Search the law library catalog
Databases available in the Law Library
Not sure what you're looking for?
Want us to send you something?
Want to learn about the law?
The library is open Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. except federal and state holidays.
Utah State Law Library | 450 S. State Street | 801-238-7990 | Directions | View Map
The Utah State Courts mission is to provide the people an open, fair, efficient, and independent system for the advancement of justice under the law.